Sceno Plus successfully designs its first casino.
Since 2007, Sceno Plus has been the lead designer of the entertainment spaces of Revel, a 2.4 billion US$ resort in Atlantic City. The Montreal-based firm designed the unique Revelry, two state-of-the-art venues, two trendy bars, a show bar and many other circulation areas. Explore our creative input through our interactive map below.
Revelry, a 130,000 sq. ft. gaming space, reinvents the traditional casino world environment. The architecture, the interior design as well as the technical infrastructures have been designed to create a theatrical experience.
- Suspended interior design elements, sound environments and architectural lighting systems create different “neighborhoods” to immerse patrons in unique environments.
- The mezzanine allows guest to peek through the space and lookout for the next exciting event to happen on the gaming floor.
- The gaming floor evolves during the day. The lighting systems allow the space to progress from an abundance of natural light to a nightlife environment.
- Flexible and adaptable technical infrastructures are designed to support the transmission of multimedia content.
Located at the heart of the gaming floor, The Social is designed to serve as a high-energy show-bar that pulses its dynamic vibe across the gaming area and acts as a visible central reference point to all guests. With the ability to host 445 seated patrons, this open bar offers an intimate and comfortable entertainment experience to any guest walking around the casino.
- The Social can be configured in multiple layouts to allow for a variety of entertainment experiences.
- The technical infrastructures are designed to accommodate a wide range of events.
- Three high-end private VIP boxes are located on the mezzanine and provide distinguished guests with privacy, exclusive services and perfect stage sightlines.
Located in the middle of Revelry, the Flirt is a vibrant place connected to the dynamic show bar The Social. It is an exciting bar to have a drink and interact with fellow guests just aside the casino floor. With all the action provided with gaming activities, it is still a great place to meet with people and enjoy a warm and glamorous interior design.
- A one-of-a-kind lounge perfect to socialize and really offers a VIP experience to all guests.
- A giant sculptural chrome tree sparkles the energy around the place and creates a nice delimitation with the casino.
The Tequila is a vibrant bar integrated at the second level of The Social. This bar is incredibly attractive and shines with its masculine and modern look. Acting as a small sport bar, the Tequila offers all the elements to bring the sport atmosphere to another level.
- Impressive central bar surrounded by multiple state-of-the-art flat screens.
- High-quality Chesterfield sofas are keeping every guest comfortable.
Scéno Plus designed a special area dedicated to the game of Poker. With the vision to create a very masculine environment, similar to a cigar lounge, the room proposes a luxurious and relaxing ambiance for serious poker players.
- Located at the upper floor of the casino, this space features beautiful large windows that keep you connected to the action at Revelry.
- Ideal to welcome international poker tournaments it features 37 high-end tables.
- The Poker Room offers custom table lamp shades designed specifically to isolate every table, keeping the players focus on game action.
The Ultra Lounge is a high-roller gaming area connected to the casino. It welcomes guest in a luxurious environment designed with noble finishes and a beautiful organic ceiling that gives a warm ambiance to the space. More private, this charming space has been designed for distinguished players but is still very accessible to everyone to have a drink at the bar.
- Features a 180 degree view over the ocean to enjoy the most beautiful sunset.
- The exceptional ceiling has been designed to wrap up guest in a warm ambiance and create a powerful impression right at the entrance.
The Digipit is a performance area within the casino floor that offers a unique gaming experience to patrons. The space allows guests to attend a variety of shows while playing with state-of-the-art digital gaming machines.
- Designed for acrobatic performances, it contains a central runway, two small round stages, one large moveable theatre curtain as well as several acrobatic swings and poles.
- The space can be used for one off performances allowing touring acts to tease their own shows in any of Revel’s other venues or nightclubs.
- The technical infrastructures and specialized equipment systems have been designed to adapt and transform to highlight any performance.
The Immersive Dome is a video installation within the casino composed of a multitude of digital projectors aimed at a cone structure overhanging a circular zone containing electronic gaming devices. Built to wrap patrons into a magnified sound and video ambiance, the technology is used to provide guests with a unique gaming experience.
- Eight state-of-the-art projectors are covering 360° of overhead surface/screen.
- Round shaped surface allows the display of spectacular high definition images.
Ovation Hall is a large transformable venue that can accommodate more than 5,000 guests. Highly flexible, the venue has the ability to achieve various configurations for different types of events such as concerts, sporting events, conferences, banquets and exhibitions.
- 21,000 square foot flat floor giving general admission and banquet possibilities.
- The balcony can be divided with movable partition walls into three intimate lecture rooms that are excellent for hosting meetings.
- 4 prestigious VIP suites that can accommodate a total capacity of 108 patrons.
- Ovation Hall is equipped with a state-of-the-art permanent sound system.
The Cabaret is a state-of-the-art intimate venue. Designed for fully flexible configurations, the space can host a total capacity of 895 persons and is able to accommodate a variety of events such as permanent shows, banquets, fashion shows, conferences, exhibitions. It can also be transformed in a vibrant nightclub.
- The transformable stage can be removed and repositioned to provide the public with adapted sightlines and ambiances to the proposed event.
- The “U” shape of the room creates an intimate relation between the artists and the public.
- The rigging systems as well as lighting systems have been designed to enhance intimacy
The Ellipse is a colossal glass area located at the entrance of the resort. This 150 foot high volume features gigantic escalators that are directing guests to different parts of the resort such as the Casino, the Conference room level and the Hotel Lobby.
- The 40 by 110 foot massive elevator cage is covered with a beautifully illustrated coral fabric designed to bring warmth and vivacity to the space.
- In collaboration with the artist Pascale Girardin, Sceno Plus designed a 90 foot tall two-part mobile composed of 19,700 aluminum flakes.
- Filled with natural light due to 360 degree windows, this space offers an extraordinary view on the ocean.
Ocean Way is connected to the main entrance valet parking located on the south side of the complex. This luxurious lobby is a key space that welcomes patrons to the casino, the retail zone and several restaurants. With a fabulous view of the ocean, this transitional area is an ideal meeting point to meet with your friends before starting the night.
- Designed by Sceno Plus, the spectacular custom chandelier gives movement to the ceiling and illuminates a relaxing seating area.
- The brightly colored carpet and modern furniture enhance the dynamism of the space
- Filled with natural light, Ocean Way is one of the best spots to sit down and admire the view.
Connected to self-parking area on the North side of the resort, City Way is a charming lobby that gives you access to a variety of amenities. As it blends into the Revelry Casino, this entrance also leads the way to two attractive restaurants and the retail corridor.
- Facing Atlantic City, huge windows bring in a lot of natural light.
- Two large walls are garnished with thousands of red textile roses.
- Giant custom dome lamps are suspended just over the guests.
- Three immense frames (16 by 37 feet) are featured near the windows to receive artistic projections at nighttime.
The Dining Enclave is a luxurious lobby designed to welcome Revel’s visitors and direct them to two high-end restaurants as well as giving guests a direct entry to Revel Beach. With glamorous stairs, high ceiling and magnificent view on the ocean, this space is a strategic meeting point to get together with friends before starting the night at Revel.
- Designed with hundreds of suspended lighting fixtures and long white draperies, the ceiling is a true piece of art.
- The padded back wall acts as an acoustical panel that softens the ambient sound.
- The integration of dozens of suspended aluminum sculptures evoking flying birds brings a dynamic touch to the environment.
The Porte Cochere is part of the main entrance of the Revel Resort and is designed to protect patrons from the elements. The vision behind this structure was to create a real sense of arrival for the guests and transport them into a new and exciting environment as soon as they disembark from their vehicles.
- Built with a very durable Teflon membrane, the Porte Cochere has the ability to transmit natural light and fill the area with diffuse and enjoyable luminosity.
- This aerodynamic structure deflects strong ocean winds, protect guests upon arrival and leave the drop-off completely free for circulation.
- The unique structure merges aesthetically with the curved facade of the resort.
Pool Play Zone
Located 114 feet above sea level, this zone is a great place to gather with your friends after a relaxing day at Revel Beach or at the pool area. With a capacity of 140 persons, this area is designed to accommodate Happy Hour, small parties and anyone who would like to enjoy a game of pool, ping-pong or air hockey.
- Features indoor/outdoor pools with a fabulous view on the ocean.
- Equipped with technical sound infrastructures, it can accommodate a DJ to animate many types of event.
- Ideal to lay down and relax, this zone also has a direct access to the spa.